StatCounter

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Skirt-as-a-dress

I'm thinking of you
in your skirt-as-a-dress,
you, so tiny
it covers enough
for modest
but not enough
for clean;

I'm thinking of
your playful
"Someone was hitting on me"
while your hair dries,
and water beads
on shoulders left bare
by your skirt-as-a-dress,

Knowing I'd become
a beast, and claim you
because I know this game
is foreplay
and you want
me to want
and I do;

I'm thinking of you
under me, slick
and screaming
in an empty house
though it always sounded
songlike;

I'm thinking of
being all beast
and your words
all but gone
only my name
Over and over;

I'm thinking of
fantasies made word
but never deed;

I'm thinking of now
and the date,
And your
someone else
who can't
get
you there,
But there was always
leeway,
slack
in the bonds of my fantasy,

And
until a few days ago
you could have exploited it.

Now,
though I can still remember
my name
in your musical sweetness,
though I would have loved
to be the other man with you once more,
to see you walk up the stairs of my new
place wearing only your
skirt-as-a-dress,
to hear you call my name
one more time,

You
Missed
Your
Chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment