StatCounter

Saturday, October 16, 2010

27 Club

Ever notice how many rock stars die at age 27?

The Big Dead 3 of Hendrix, Joplin, Morrison are joined by Brian Jones, and Kurt Cobain. Cobain shot himself (officially) but had drugs in his system. Jones, who drowned, had evidence of serious damage from drugs and drinking.

There's a whole host of lesser-knowns who died at that age as well. What's remarkable is to see how many died of over-dose, or complications from existing habits, like diabetes (possibly) exacerbated by alcoholism.

It's like their metabolisms suddenly altered, and left them unable to tolerate what they could the day before.

I remember being 26 and being convinced that I wouldn't see 28. I've now passed all the ages I thought I'd never see. Except 40, but y'know.

So. 27. Fear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment