StatCounter

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

"Women Are Crazy"



This is a thing that enrages me to hear. However, I hear it regularly from men who should know better, or be made to turn in their testicles.

My mother claimed to be a feminist. She was not one. She hated men, because she blamed them for her own bad decisions. Calling herself a feminist put a positive spin on irrationally writing off half the human species, shielding her from her own failings.

I don’t accept it when I hear a woman say “Men are evil”, or anything like it. Nor do I accept the flipside:

“Women are crazy.”

I hear this, or a variation of it, from a number of otherwise intelligent testiculated humans. It has always rankled when I hear it, because it has always sounded like bullshit, even when I had little knowledge (or self-confidence) with which to refute it. It’s a sweeping generalization, with no allowance for deviation. I hate those.

The first reason I hate this statement is the plain arrogance of it, as though the speaker has knowledge of an entire gender. It is self-congratulatory, or self-pitying foolishness. It doesn’t allow for the possibility that the speaker is missing something, that their method of observation is flawed. It also disregards the very idea of mathematical odds, which would tend to say that 3+ billion human beings could not all be crazy.

The second reason for my ire is that this thought disregards the possibility that speaker has some part in creating what they observe. Let me be plain in this: If you believe All Women Are Crazy then
A)    you attract only crazy women,
or
B)    you do something to make them crazy. Either way it’s more to do with you than them.

The third and most important of my reasons is this: those who make such statements never describe insanity when they describe female behavior. What they describe are the behaviors of people who’ve been manipulated and fucked with for too long and now doubt their own value, instincts and reasoning; they describe the desperation of people who have such little self-worth they will offer to do things that they really don’t want to, but feel they must in order to keep a someone near them.

Once in a while the male who makes such utterances is under the delusion that failure to give him all that he wants is insanity. This attitude is the one that makes me most nauseous. It’s the childish bullshit of a clinical narcissist, the belief that only he is important and women are tools for his use. In this context, when these males say “insane” they mean “malfunctioning”,  which is their synonym for “disobedient”.

Why does this make me so angry? Quite simply, because I have seen real female insanity. My mother, for as long as I can remember, was prone to periods of utter madness, of becoming someone radically different, of believing things not just untrue, but impossible. More than once I experienced absolute terror at the possibility of what she might do in any given situation, whether it be publicly embarrassing, violent or otherwise dangerous. As a child, many times, I experienced the fear that she had been possessed by a demon, or replaced by an alien, that the life-force motivating her body was no longer the woman who had birthed me.

I know from insane. If you say that “Women Are Crazy” but don’t have any stories like mine, you don’t know what you’re talking about. You attract women who you (wrongly) think are crazy, cause them to act so, or have standards based on a personality disorder. And you sound like an idiot to me. The more vehemently you make this statement to me the less pleasant I will be. Or, the less present; I have no patience for people who believe destructive things that are not true, ignore the evidence against, yet aggressively evangelize said beliefs.

Such males are not men, but boys. They will not grow up until they can see their own part in the dysfunction they complain about. Since they will probably never be man enough to admit their own part in things, they should just turn in their testicles.

I have spoken.

No comments:

Post a Comment